blogger hit counter
Diary of a Trauma Nurse
Custom Search

About Me

My name is Cory. I am a mom, a wife, a NaNa, and a critical care nurse that lives in Nashville, TN. I have found my calling in ER/Trauma/ICU. Each day I find myself experiencing life changing events and hope that by reading my posts, you will experience and feel some of what I do. If you read nothing else, please take time to read "The Hardest Question Ever Asked". It's my very first posting. And if for some reason you think you see your story here.....you don't. It's not about you or anyone you know. =)



Archives

May 2006
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
December 2006
January 2007
May 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
August 2008
September 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
May 2010
July 2010
August 2010
October 2010
November 2011
May 2012
August 2014
December 2014
June 2015

Places to Go

MySpace
Nursing Wiki
Am Assoc Critical Care Nurses
Photobucket

Nursing Blogs

A Day In The Life Of An Ambulance Driver
Adventures In Nursing
Adventures Of GuitarGirl RN
All Kids and No Play
Backboards and Bandaids
CrzeGrl
Disappearing John RN
Emergency-Room Nurse
ER RN
Head Nurse
Lucid
MedBlogopathy
Not A Wanna B A Gonna B
NursePractioner'sPlace
Nurse Ratcheds Place
NurseTips
TraumaDive
Weird Nursing Tales

Doctor Blogs

A Happy Hospitalist
Adventures In Medicine
Doctor Anonymous
Fat Doctor
Kevin MD
OB/GYN Kenobi

OTHERS

Micheal
Kathys Lifes Journey



Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What My Family Means To Me


Today for some reason I felt so inclined to write a blog about what my family means to me.
My husband Micheal is the best life partner anyone could ask for. Ladies, I’m not making it up when I say that he does dishes, he cooks dinner when he gets home from work first, he does laundry, he makes the bed, however, he does not clean the bathroom. Lol We have an agreement he will do the above if I will just do the bathrooms. I say “hell yeah!” lol He truly is Heaven sent to me and my true soul mate. I promised myself I wouldn’t get too mushy here so I will try not to. Micheal and I can have fun whether we’re working in the yard together, making Saturday morning breakfast together, sitting in bed surfing the net together, watching TruTV trying to figure out who dunnit together (it’s always the husband he always says), playing mobsters online together, or just hanging out and being together.

(And I just have to clarify the above.......) I was rereading this post and I realized that it sounds like Micheal does all of the housework. We SHARE the housework. I mean he helps with the dishes, the laundry, the cooking, etc. In the past (before my career change) I worked 12-14 hour shifts in critical care and he was home before me and those are things he would start/continue/finish. So, I just wanted to clarify that. THANKS!!!! =)

My son. Wow. What a road we’ve traveled. We were a “family” the two of us when he turned 1. I was a single mom with this amazing little boy who was always happy. He has now turned into this gorgeous young man with his sights set on being the best man in life that he can be and I’m so very proud of him. He has really stepped up to the plate when he needed to. He has a beautiful 1 year old son that he absolutely adores (I’ll get to him) and I’ve seen him become the father that he never had when he was that age. He however was blessed with a Dad who loved him later in life and of course has Micheal now who will always be there for him. I’m proud of you son. I know I’m not the hero you say I am, but I love you like no other mother could.

My absolutely stunningly beautiful daughter Ashley Nicole. She is a mother’s dream child. She is beautiful. She makes straight A’s in school. She has a job and when she’s not at work she’s babysitting to make extra money. She has a good heart and loves her Mom. She has been my best friend for many years. We’ve struggled with dominance but she finally realized that I am THE MOM (ha/ha) and she too has stepped up to the plate when she needed to. She is a precious gem in a world of fakes. She has loved me when I really didn’t deserve to have her love or at least I didn’t feel like I did. She is growing up to be much more than I ever dreamed she could be and I am so very proud of her. More proud than she will ever realize.

My gorgeous grandson Landon Cruz. He has brought me so much happiness. We got a rocky start when we were unable to share in his first months but from 5 months on he has been constantly in our lives and he has brought us nothing but joy. He is precious. Each day that he is here, he is showing us how much he is learning and changing. He is so intelligent and I couldn’t imagine our lives without him. I love him so much. Thank you Nikki and Thank you Adam. Landon is amazing.

CoryTraumaRN posted today at 2:03 PM

Comments:
I selected your blog for an award, see my blog to participate.
 
such a great blog i wish you all the best some how i found you when i was looking for stuff on our sons birth defect esophageal atresia, i wish you all the best.
 
Dear Cory,
I am currently a student at the University of Texas and am very interested in pursuing a career in emergency medicine. I found your blog one day and did not get up until I had read each and every one of your postings! I was wondering if I could speak with you sometime about nursing? If so, that would be amazing! Feel free to email me at jmdomingue@gmail.com. Your story sounds exactly like what I hope to do someday. I don't have a blog, but I do have profile for an organization I am on since I know this might be a strange request. http://www.texas4000.org/user/profile/10436

I look forward to hearing from you!
Jillian
 
Post a Comment